Forms to know….
Forms Up Through 1st Degree Black Belt
You need to know and demonstrate many forms for your first degree black belt at Breakwondo Martial Arts. There are 11 in all. Below is a quick summary and what they mean and at what rank they are taught.
- White belt – Chon Ji – Heaven and Earth
- Yellow Belt – Tag Gun – The founder of Korea
- Orange Belt – Taegeuk Il Jang – Heaven and Light
- Green Belt – Taegeuk Ee Jang – Cheerfulness and Happiness
- Purple Belt – Taeguek Sam Jang – Fire
- Blue Belt – Taegeuk Sa Jang – Thunder
- Blue Belt Brown Stripe – Taegeuk Oh Jang – Wind
- Brown Belt – Taeguek Yook Jang – Water
- Brown Belt Red Stripe – Taegeuk Chil Jang – Mountain
- Red Belt – Taegeuk Pal Jang – Earth
- Red Belt Black Stripe – Koryeo – Korea/A Learned Man – Remember for your deputy black belt you only need to do four forms and one of them can be Koryeo.
- Deputy Black Belt (Black Belt No Degree) – You will review and demonstrate all 11 forms for your first degree test.
- 1st Degree Black Belt – Keumgang – Unbreakable (Diamond)
Beyond 1st Degree Black Belt please ask.